Daniel P. Hamm, PE - President
Mr. Hamm is founder and President of Hudson Design Group LLC, which he began in 2002. He is a registered professional Civil Engineer in twenty-four (24) states along the East Coast and his firm has become a leading provider of civil design services since its inception. Mr. Hamm began his career as a Civil Engineer working for firms in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and New Jersey. As a Civil Engineer, Mr. Hamm completed numerous subdivisions, site plan designs, drainage and utility designs, as well as storm, sanitary and roadway designs. He then expanded his expertise into the wireless field and eventually branched out on his own. Mr. Hamm has currently provided design and project management services for the following clients throughout New England:
- Hatch Corner Road Site Development, Meredith, NH: Provided site development design services for a 150 acre parcel with over 2000 feet of access road, including storm water management controls and utility development. The design was very complex with multiple culvert design crossings;
- Pearce Camp, Wolfeboro, NH: Site improvement design services for a 214 acre site with over 1500 feet of access drive. Responsible for improvements and additional storm water management control measures, utilities upgrades and visual resource assessments;
- Department of Public Works Building & Transfer Station, Middleton, MA: Site development design services provided for both areas, including design, construction documents, bidding and construction administration;
- Maple Tree Industrial Center, Palmer MA: Provided design services for the site re-development and utility upgrades including parking reconfiguration and storm water management;
- MetroPCS -Site design for over 250 sites throughout MA, and NH with site types that included co-locations, rooftops and church steeples;
- T-Mobile – Site design for over 500 sites throughout New England with site types that included co-locations, rooftops and church steeples, as well as the A/E Manager for over 450 sites from initial feasibility walks through final construction inspections. He was also responsible for site design services for modifications to existing telecommunications sites for safety, antenna and equipment additions to several sites throughout New England;
- Sprint – Responsible for design and engineering services for their 4G Upgrade Project, which consisted equipment and antenna upgrades to 350 sites throughout New England;
- New Cingular Wireless (AT&T) – Provided design and engineering services for their UMTS Project, which consisted equipment and antenna upgrades to 450 sites throughout New England;
- RCC dba Unicel – Site design services of 25 telecommunications sites in the lakes region of New Hampshire, with site types that included raw lands, rooftops and co-locations;
- Sprint\Nextel, (General Dynamics) – Site design services for 25 telecommunications sites throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire, including rooftops, churches, co-locations, and raw lands;
- New England Wireless Services – Provided engineering design services for several raw land sites throughout Massachusetts;
- FiberTower – Provided site design for microwave back haul company on over 25 sites throughout Massachusetts;
- Verizon Wireless – Engineering services and site design for telecommunications sites throughout New England;
- Clearwire – Engineering and site design services for over 50 telecommunication sites throughout Rhode Island.
Along with site design services, Mr. Hamm has provided expert testimony for various clients in front of several municipalities throughout New England.
Sharyn A. Hamm - Principal
Mrs. Hamm is currently a principal and partner in Hudson Design Group with her husband. She is in charge of running the day-to-day operations of the company and is a former project manager and urban planner. Her previous job experience includes the following projects:
- Harvard University – Served as senior project manager in the design/early construction stages for a number of new construction, renovation, demolition and utility relocation projects including, Northwest Lab Building ($360M), Northwest Lab & Central Plant Site Enabling Utilities Project ($15M), Palfrey House Renovation Project ($5M), Cyclotron Decommissioning & Demolition Project ($5M), Cambridge Electron Accelerator (CEA) Renovation Project & High Energy Physics Lab (HEPL) Demolition Project ($6M);
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology — Served as Senior Project Manager for several projects, including, Microphotonics Center ($34M), MIT Endicott House ($7M), MIT Policies & Procedures Manual Development;
- Fan Pier Gateway Development Project — Served as Project Manager for environmental permitting services;
- Boston Convention & Exhibition Center– Acted as project liaison for all state and local permitting requirements;
- Central Artery / Ted Williams Tunnel Project — Acted as project liaison for all state and local permitting requirements;
- Boston University – Project Manager involved with environmental permitting for such projects as Boston University Multi-Purpose Fieldhouse, Boston University Student Residence Housing, Boston Medical Center Medical Services Center, and the University Associates, BioSquare-Phase II Project.
Brian P. O'Donnell, AIA, LEED AP - Director of Architecture
Mr. O’Donnell is the Director of Architecture at HDG, bringing with him over 40 years of commercial experience in the field of Architecture. As the former President and Co-Founder of another architecture firm, Mr. O’Donnell has joined HDG to fully develop and expand the Architecture side of the firm, to allow HDG to become a full service A&E firm. He has a complete knowledge of all phases of project delivery with experience in a broad range of project types. Having successfully completed projects with aggressive timelines, he brings the firm the skill to lead and inspire staff/consultants and to guide owners thru the design, bidding and construction process. He is familiar with public procurement requirements from having recently completed a variety of projects at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. Some of his accomplishments from his previous place of employment where he directed the design efforts for the following projects include:
- Harvard Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, Cambridge, MA; A mission control center for the Chandra orbiting telescope and an 81,000 SF lab and office fit-up in;
- The Markley Group — Several mission critical data centers for clients such as the New York Times, the Red Sox, MIT and Novartis;
- University of Massachusetts Lowell — Design of an instrumentation lab at the Onley Science Center; • Proctor and Gamble (Gillette) – Designed a production clean room space , office renovations and R & D areas;
- Bull HN — Programming and fit-out design for 440,000 SF of office space in Billerica, MA; • Raytheon – Numerous projects in MA and RI including a 70,000 SF office, lab and test facility in Marlborough, MA;
- EMC — Design of a 98,000 SF distribution facility in Franklin, MA;
- Massport — Working with Vanderweil Engineers designed a $36 million addition to the central heating and cooling plant at Logan Airport;
- BAE Systems — Design and master planning for several projects in MA and NH, including a 30,000 SF microelectronics clean room facility;
- Various Banks — Over 30 community banks and credit unions in MA, CT, RI and ME.
- Combustion Engineering, Stanford, CT — Design of an 88,000 SF corporate office facility linked by an underground pedestrian link to the corporate headquarters;
- Gloucester State Fish Pier – Developed the Master Plan for the state fishing pier and the design of a freezer building for the fishing industry;
- Metropolitan Bus Authority — Design of a 220,000 SF administration and maintenance facility for the San Juan, Puerto Rico bus fleet.
Douglas J. Roberts, AIA - Senior Project Manager
Mr. Roberts is a Senior Project Manager at the HDG Connecticut Office. He comes to the firm with over forty years in the Project Management/Architecture profession with a broad experience in commercial and institutional work in both the private and public sectors as well as residential and public housing. Some recent examples of related work include:
- Verizon Wireless – American School for the Deaf, West Hartford, Connecticut – Architect for a project consisting of a new 100′ Clock Tower for Verizon Wireless at the campus of the American School for the Deaf. The clock tower was designed to accommodate radio equipment rooms, an emergency generator and concealed antennas for up to three wireless carriers;
- LogistiCare, North Haven, Connecticut – Architect for a new 32,000 square foot office space expansion for an existing tenant consisted of Contract Documents and Specifications for the renovations and code upgrades to accommodate a tenant’s expansion;
- Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation – Cogeneration Power Plant and Low NOx Burner Upgrades, Stratford, Connecticut – Project Manager/Construction Coordinator/Technical Support Manager/Owners Representative/Hazardous Material Abatement Coordinator for a Cogeneration Power Plant Addition. This task for Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation consists a new 7,500 square foot building addition to the existing Power Plant. This addition contained a new 10 Megawatt natural gas turbine power plant with a new 80,000 lbs/hour duct burner to supply power and medium pressure steam to the plant. Responsibility for this project consisted of the coordination of Independent Technical Reviews of the Contract Documents, Technical Project Support and the coordinating of the construction scheduling of the project. Responsible for representing the owner, coordinating the testing of materials for potential hazards as well as coordinating there removal.
- AMTRAK – Northeastern Corridor – Project Manager / Architect for Amtrak Locomotive and Passenger Car Repair Facility Inspections of OSHA fall protection. This projects scope consists of the inspection and documentation of AMTRAK Locomotive and Passenger Car repair facilities for compliance with OSHA’s fall protection requirements within the Northeastern and Central Corridors. Reports and recommendations were prepared and submitted for each facility to AMTRAK outlining areas that necessitate modifications to comply with current OSHA fall protection requirements.
- Verizon Wireless, Windsor, Connecticut –Project Manager / Architect for the addition to the Verizon Wireless Mobile Telephone Switching Office. This project for Verizon Wireless consisted of the addition of approximately 15,000 square feet of to accommodate a new Mobile Telephone Switching Office (MTSO). Was responsible for developing Semitic Design Documents, Zoning and Inland Wetland Documents, Construction Documents and Specifications identifying demolition work and new work for this project. This work consists of new computer areas, open office space, private office spaces, new electrical service and a new 1.2 megawatt emergency generator. Electrical, Mechanical and Fire Suppression systems were modified to satisfy the needs of the addition requirements.
- On-Call Architectural / Engineering Services – Central Connecticut State University, New Britain- Project Manager / Architect for on-call Architecture / Engineering Services contract with the Connecticut Department of Public Works at Central Connecticut State University for project.
Michael Cabral - Structural Department Head
Mr. Cabral joined HDG in 2007 in an effort to grow and firmly establish their Structural Department and during the last 10 years has been responsible for managing all aspects of work pertaining to structural design and analysis. He is responsible for performing structural analysis/reports and structural design of over 1000+ telecom sites for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile. In addition he is responsible for all structural analysis on telecommunications towers including modification design and drawings.
Mr. Cabral has an extensive background and experience in structural engineering, performing structural analysis, design and inspections on Wood, Concrete, Steel and Cold-Formed Steel Structures for both new construction and building renovations. At HDG, some of Mr. Cabral’s achievements have included:
- Wireless Carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint) – Responsible for performing tower analysis, tower modification design and drawings, structural building reinforcement design and analysis, and/or rooftop structural analysis determining roof capacity to support dunnage loading;
- 4 Montvale Ave, Woburn, MA – Completed cold-formed steel design of the exterior façade supporting the components and cladding for a four-story residential/commercial building. Developed complete set of shop drawings and engineering calculations;
- 20 Lone Street, Marshfield, MA – A pre-engineered building in which HDG designed the supporting foundation and the retaining wall
- Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA – Designed the structural ceilings for the newly designed MRI rooms.
- Hyatt Hotel, Warwick, RI – Completed cold-formed steel design of the exterior façade supporting the components and cladding. Developed complete set of shop drawings and engineering calculations;
- University Work – SNHU, Providence College, Brown University – Responsible for completing cold-formed steel design of the exterior façade supporting the components and cladding for several campus buildings. Developed complete set of shop drawings and engineering calculations;
- Logan Airport Terminal C – Completed cold-formed steel design of the exterior façade supporting the components and cladding. Developed complete set of shop drawings and engineering calculations
G. K. (Kenny) Wang, PE - Senior Structural Engineer
Mr. Wang joined HDG in 2011 as a Senior Structural Engineer with over 30 years of experience in the telecommunication and engineering industry. He is currently licensed in several states along the East Coast. Mr. Wang is an integral part of our structural department providing design and analysis of telecommunication towers and facilities. At HDG some of his current projects include:
- Wireless Carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint ALU, Vtel) – Responsible for performing tower analysis, tower modification design and drawings, structural building reinforcement design and analysis, and/or rooftop structural analysis determining roof capacity to support dunnage loading.
Derek Creaser, PE - Senior Project Manager/Code Advisor
Mr. Creaser joined Hudson Design Group in 2006. He is a former Massachusetts State Building Inspector and was a technical consultant to the Massachusetts Board of Building Regulations and Standards and was involved in the development of code language for the MA State Building Code. At HDG, Mr. Creaser is the Technical Director and is responsible for all aspects of client projects from initial feasibility site walks through final construction document review and coordination. In addition, Mr. Creaser is responsible for all code compliance review of projects completed by HDG and is the company’s safety officer. Some of Mr. Creaser’s recent projects have included:
- AT&T Mobility – Project Manager in charge of providing support for all UMTS and LTE upgrades to their New England and New York markets. Manager in charge of over 1000 LTE upgrades for wireless sites and 1300 Ethernet upgrades;
- MetroPCS – Developed and designed over 150 sites in and around Middlesex County, consisting of site and equipment expansion to many new complicated roof and church structures;
- T-Mobile – Responsible for the design and development of various telecommunications sites throughout Massachusetts; • Provided expert witness testimony with regard to building codes and laws in several Superior Court cases;
- Liaison to state and municipal regulatory authorities as well as a client representative for numerous public hearings; • Wrote and implemented the company’s safety plan;
- Supervised employees that perform construction inspections and developed and designed construction documents for various projects in and around New England;
- Performed general engineering, inspections and calculations for retaining walls, structural analyses, noise evaluation & remediation, residential construction and civil/site development;
- Provided standards for engineering deliverables, cost estimates and proposals for various clients and projects.
Jose F. Xavier - Senior Project Manager/Civil Engineer
Mr. Xavier has been with Hudson Design Group since 2007 and is a Senior Project Manager at the firm. He is responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of various telecommunications and civil engineering projects both for design and/or project management. His responsibilities include site design, site assessments, managing all subconsultants, environmental and survey coordination, QA/QC review, and technical and feasibility analysis, and cost estimating. Some of his current projects include:
- MetroPCS – Project manager responsible for design and development of over 100 sites in and around the downtown Boston area, consisting mostly of equipment modifications and rooftop additions;
- Clearwire – Development of over 50 sites in and around Providence, RI;
- Verizon – Key project manager in charge of all site upgrades (over 200 sites) after RCC was purchased by Verizon. Responsible for design and development of all generator additions to several sites;
- Sprint Leapfrog – Project Manager for 400 sites from site audit through construction drawings for sites throughout upstate New York and New England.
Ron Pennimpede - Senior Project Manager/Construction Manager
Mr. Pennimpede is a Senior Project Manager that has been with HDG since 2003. Shortly after joining the firm, Mr. Pennimpede became instrumental in the wireless field, successfully developing numerous telecommunications sites in the most difficult municipalities in Eastern Massachusetts. Mr. Pennimpede was responsible for permitting over 300 sites in and around metropolitan Boston and has worked with the Boston Redevelopment Authority to approve those sites. Prior to joining HDG, Mr. Pennimpede successfully managed the construction of over 60 new commercial stores and supervised the remodeling of more than 30 stores – which remained fully operational during the project. Recent key projects he has been involved in include:
- AT&T / SAI Communications – A/E Manager responsible for managing and coordinating multiple A/E firms for AT&T Wireless in the development of their LTE network;
- Clearwire Field Construction Manager – In charge of construction coordination and management for Clearwire in Eastern Massachusetts;
- T-Mobile Field Construction Manager – Responsible for CM support for T-Mobile throughout Maine including,
- Review and support of construction documents;
- Providing utility coordination;
- Preparing bid packages with Invitations to Bid, Scope of Work, Bill of Materials and supporting documents, as well as performing all bid walks with the invited contractors;
- Scheduling and managing all construction contractors;
- Inspection of all labor, material, safety and general conditions during construction;
- Performing quality control inspections;
- Drafting and administering site punchlists;
- Coordinating, reviewing and accepting final project acceptance and closeout
- T-Mobile Project Manager – Project Manager in charge of coordinating the design of all new sites within Essex and Suffolk Counties in Massachusetts, as well as various sites in Maine and New Hampshire.
Andrey Tsikanovsky - Senior Project Manager/Civil Engineer
Mr. Tsikanovsky has worked at Hudson Design Group as a project manager since 2003. He is responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of various telecommunications and civil engineering projects both for design and/or project management. His responsibilities include site design, managing all subconsultants, QA/QC review, and technical and feasibility analysis. Mr. Tsikanovsky has been crucial to the company in establishing the internal QA/QC standards for numerous aspects of the site development process. To date, he has worked on over 1,000 telecommunication sites for clients such as MetroPCS, T-Mobile, Sprint, Nextel, AT&T wireless, RCC dba Unicel, SBA, and Central Maine Power, as well as several private clients. Some current projects that he is involved in include:
- Raw Land Development Sites – In charge of the design of various raw land sites throughout New England which include site plan, roadway and drainage design, along with environmental permitting;
- T-Mobile – Designed and developed over 200 sites in MA, NH, and RI;
- AT&T LTE – Designed and developed 300+ sites in MA, NH, RI, & ME as part of their upgrade project;
- UMTS Upgrade – Responsible for managing over 200 site upgrades
- Comcast – Developed 100+ sites in MA
- Sprint / Nextel – Responsible for the design of over 200 sites as part of their 4G upgrade;
- MetroPCS – Designed and developed over 100 sites throughout Essex County and Southern New Hampshire.